By Rosemary Marchese
Physiotherapist and mum of 3 fit kids
Berry Chia Smoothie
I absolutely LOVE this smoothie. If I haven’t got time to make it I make sure I buy one with all the same ingredients! This smoothie is brimming with so much goodness you will literally be bursting with energy! It’s a great breakfast option, especially when you are in a hurry. Packed with antioxidants to keep you fighting fit, vitamins, minerals and protein this smoothie also helps to make sure you start the day wide awake – without the caffeine!
Serves: 4-5 Prep: 3-5 min Cook:
- 150mL Skim milk
- 1-2 cups of Greek yoghurt (I like my smoothies thick so I put quite a bit but you may prefer it less thick so put less if you like)
- Berries (I put heaps – loads of frozen raspberries to give that ‘icy-ness’
- 2-3 tea spoons Chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon heaps of Silvered almonds
- 2-3 teaspoons of shredded coconut (if you like)
- 1 tablespoons Goji berries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Acai powder or berries (optional)
Blend in food processor. You may like to add some ice and/or coconut water if you like!
Mix it up as you please!
Disclaimer: All recipes on this website are intended for information purposes only. None of the information is intended to provide individualised, prescriptive advice or direct dietary advice. Questions related to individual dietary circumstances should be directed to your general practitioner or an accredited practicing dietician.