By Rosemary Marchese
Physiotherapist and mum of 3 fit kids
Multi Berry Smoothie for that ‘Post-Christmas Kick’
This recipe is a winner with the kids and super simple to make! If you’re heading back to work this week you may find this gives you that boost to lead you into 2016!
Serves: 2-3 Prep: 5 min Cook:
- 150 g (1 cup) frozen mixed berries (frozen just makes it more icy cold)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of unsweetened acai berry powder
- 1 table spoon of LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond)250mL
- (1 cup) coconut milk250 mL
- (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of flaked almonds or oats to serve.
- Blend together and serve with the flaked almonds or oats on top for that extra goodness.
Rose is a Fit Busy Mum of 3 fit kids. She aims to empower mums who are time poor. She acknowledges that mums are ‘busy’ but tries to inspire them to regain their fitness through simple everyday habits that she promotes through her book ‘The Fit Busy Mum: Seven habits for success’. Visit www.thefitbusymum.com.au
Disclaimer: All recipes on this website are intended for information purposes only. None of the information is intended to provide individualised, prescriptive advice or direct dietary advice. Questions related to individual dietary circumstances should be directed to your general practitioner or an accredited practicing dietician.