Prawn and Avocado Salad Recipe
This prawn and avocado salad recipe is quick and easy yet so delicious. We often think about how good simple fish is for us it’s easy to forget the crustaceans. Prawns are a complete protein. This means that it contains all nine essential amino acids in the right proportion for the body to use easily. Red meat is another example of a complete protein source. The avocado in this salad is packed with fibre and monounsaturated fatty acids. Did you know that avocado contains more potassium than bananas?
Serves: 4 Prep: 15 min.
- 1 kg steamed prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
**Add a few chopped cherry tomatoes if you wish.
Ingredients for the balsamic dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the balsamic dressing and season to taste.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the avocado, prawns and red onions.
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.