By Rosemary Marchese
Physiotherapist and mum of 3 fit kids
Quinoa with Peanut Chicken Skewers
Serves: 4 Prep: 20 min Cook: 3-5 min
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup low-salt chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
Special equipment: bamboo skewers
- Combine peanut butter, chicken stock, lime juice, soy sauce and honey in a small saucepan.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When peanut butter has melted, season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Tip: To cook quinoa, simply stir it into boiling water, cover and simmer over low heat until done. The ratio is 1 cup of uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of liquid.
- Preheat grill.
Chop the chicken breast into chunks and thread onto skewers.
- Brush both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until it is browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with the peanut sauce and quinoa.
Disclaimer: All recipes on this website are intended for information purposes only. None of the information is intended to provide individualised, prescriptive advice or direct dietary advice. Questions related to individual dietary circumstances should be directed to your general practitioner or an accredited practicing dietician.