Salmon, Baby Spinach & Sweet Potato Frittata

RosemaryM 129By Rosemary Marchese

Physiotherapist and mum of 3 fit kids

Salmon, Baby Spinach & Sweet Potato Frittata

This is such a yummy brekky or even an evening meal. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook and then you can leave it in the oven to bake!It’s a great breakfast option, especially when you are in a hurry.

Serves: 4-5  Prep: 20 min  Cook: 10-12min


I’m not strict with quantities – you can play around with quantities to suit you

  • 4 eggs
  • 2-4 pieces of smoked salmon (or you could use a little raw salmon and cook it through thoroughly)
  • 1 small sweet potato diced
  • 1 small onion diced
  • A ‘good handful’ of baby spinach
  • A handful Shredded cheese (your choice but I usually use a combination of cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan
  • Olive oil for cooking

Optional: 1-2 small potatoes for extra bulk (diced)


2015-01-08 07.08.52

  1. Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
  2. Crack 4 eggs in a bowl and add a tiny bit of water. Whisk a little with a fork and put aside.
  3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan that is oven proof.
  4. Cook the onion and then remove from frying pan. You can drain the oil if there is too much.
  5. Heat a little more oil and fry the sweet potato until cooked through (I like it a little crispy). Hint: you can add any other vegetables you like but potato works well with the kids if you want to
  6. Cook through the smoked salmon and baby spinach.
  7. Stir through the cooked onion.
  8. Pour in the egg and water mixture and spread over the vegetables. Leave on stove heating through for about 1 minute.
  9. Sprinkle cheese.
  10. Cook through in oven until egg is cooked through and cheese is melted to your liking (for me that’s usually about 10 mins).

Disclaimer: All recipes on this website are intended for information purposes only. None of the information is intended to provide individualised, prescriptive advice or direct dietary advice. Questions related to individual dietary circumstances should be directed to your general practitioner or an accredited practicing dietician.

Related posts